Eau Claire Dance Festival
Saturday, August 26 | 10 AM - 1 PM
Dance events are available at all sites from 10am to 1pm on August 26.
See five modern dance performances scattered throughout downtown Eau Claire. The dancers, partnered with student and professional musicians as well as a local writer, will explore a synthesis of the local arts.
1. The State Theater Lobby, 316 Eau Claire St. (one modern dancer and one trumpet player, improvising);
2. Volume One Gallery at the Local Store, 205 N. Dewey St. (one dancer and two musicians, playing saxophone and bass, improvising);
3. Owen Park Band Shell, 501 1st Ave. (dancers performing a fusion between jazz and modern, accompanied by a UWEC jazz combo);
4. Phoenix Park (near the pavilion), 330 Riverfront Terrace (one dancer performing site-specific improvisational work set to the sights and sounds of the park on a Saturday morning);
5. "Baroque" sculpture, at the corner of W Grand Ave. and 1st Ave. (one dancer performing modern dance phrases within the sculpture, with a local writer reading aloud).
Sponsored by Marshfield Clinic, Downtown Eau Claire, Inc., Eau Claire School of Dance, Visit Eau Claire, and Eau Claire Regional Arts Center.
Route maps will be available at each site.